- Comparison measures will be approximately 9 times faster. The measurement algorithms have been optimized for speed, resulting in a much faster session, without compromising accuracy. Now, if you have a large number of files to compare, your job will be done much faster.
- Non-comparison measures will be approximately 7 times faster.
- Changed Lines measure (which currently includes both SLOC and comments) will be separated into two measures (Changed lines of code and Changed lines of comments). Don't worry - the legacy Changed Lines measure will be carried forward to stay reverse-compatible with earlier versions...
- A set of rules will come pre-configured on all new accounts, saving you the trouble of having to create rules for every programming language you need. The default rule set will include dozens of popular languages supported by EZ-Metrix, which again, will make your job easier.
- Rules can be deleted (Admin only). This allows you to reduce the list of supported languages, or to remove an erroneous rule. Since rules are shared across all accounts at a company, this feature is limited to your Admin only.
- Restrict Database Purge feature to Admins only. This reduces the likelihood of accidental purging of your data.
- Redesigned UI. The aim here is to clean up the interface, and make it easier to use.
We hope you enjoy these new features. Please keep the suggestions coming, since we do listen to your feedback when we implement improvements to EZ-Metrix. Your suggestions count!